Re: Heat Insulation

To: James Nazarian <jamesnazarian@netzero.net>, mg list
Subject: Re: Heat Insulation
From: Dan Dwelley <ddwelley@excite.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 15:36:14 -0800 (PST)
> I am looking for something of similar construction to the insulation that
is riveted onto the carb heat sheild of an MGB<

Hmmmm... the word "ASBESTOS" comes to mind here. :o))

Dan

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000 12:39:04 -0700, James Nazarian wrote:

>  What material would I want to use to insulate the body panels around my
V8's exhaust.  I am looking for something of similar construction to the
insulation that is riveted onto the carb heat sheild of an MGB.  I know such
things are around I just don't know what any of them are called, or where to
get them.  Thanks.

>  --
>  James Nazarian
>  71 MGB roadster
>  71 MGBGT (the one that is supposed to be a v8)
>  01 Impreza 2.5RS
>
>  "Given a conflict, Murphy's law supercedes Newton's."
>  -Anon
>
>  "Nothing good has ever been reported about the full rotation
>  of a race car about either its pitch or roll axis."
>  -Carroll Smith

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget
Alexandria, Va.