Re: Easy way to adjust valves alone

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Easy way to adjust valves alone
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 20:05:13 -0600
1 5/16" open end wrench on the pulley bolt has worked for me.  Cut the
wrench in half so its not so long, pull the plugs, and start turning the
pulley from the plug side of the engine until you get the right valve where
you want it. (valve cover off of course) A glove is a good idea to protect
from any sharp areas.

You can do it this way in the comfort of your garage cause you don't have to
push the car back and forth.

This can also help you find your timing mark when needed.

I do most of my work solo so this operation works well for me.

                                                              Mark