Re: bad temp gauge

To: "Enrique Claure" <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: bad temp gauge
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2000 08:40:15 -0600
It sounds to me like you've checked everything over and all seems to be
working out of circuit.
All of this removeing and reinstalling of the sending unit makes me wonder
if the sending unit is getting submerged in coolant like it should be.  When
you remove the unit you should get a gush of coolant out of the hole.  This
coolant has to be replaced at some point.

Filling the coolant system on the newer systems (77-80) is a whole different
procedure incorporating the over flow tank on the inner fender well.  Air
pockets can be a real problem here.    Just my 2 cents for what its worth.
Good Luck,   Mark