Re: Clutch Hose

To: Swkintx@aol.com
Subject: Re: Clutch Hose
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2000 08:46:53 -0500 (EST)
Steve, I did a MC/SC/piping job this summer on a '76B. Did you purchase a
hose with the flare on it or did you make the
flare? [Do you mean hose as in rubber hose or metal tubing? Is that
different in a Midget compared with a B?] I bought a new hose
(tubing) from Ed Kaler and it came with
the rounded flare. When I connected it, I couldn't make it sit right due
to the bending of the metal tubing and my inexperience before
I started to tighten it. Carefully, I started to tighten it and the
flare set itself during the tightening. No problems since I did the
work.

Bill

'76B

On Sat, 25 Nov 2000 Swkintx@aol.com wrote:

> I just bought a new Master Cylinder, Hose, and Slave Cylinder for my 1979
> Midget. Everything went together fine until it came time to hook the hose up
> to the clutch master. The flared tip will not go past the threads in the
> master. The flared tip went into the slave just fine. I tried taking the hose
> out and turning it around, but it is the same size on both ends. Any
> suggestions????
>
> Thanks,
> Steve K.

Bill Saidel           (856) 225-6336
Dept. of Biology      (856) 225-6312 FAX
Science Building      E-Mail: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu
Rutgers University
315 Penn Street
Camden, NJ 08102-1411
USA
For more information about my science, check
      http://crab.rutgers.edu/~saidel/saidel.html

"Sacred cows make divine hamburgers."