RE: Wire Feed Welders

To: "Mgs" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "bill king" <kingwj@del.net>
Subject: RE: Wire Feed Welders
From: "BMack" <bmack99@home.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 14:56:17 -0800
A couple of thing to look at:

Your heat is probably too high.

Sheilding gas is the only way to go. You did not mention if this was a flux
coated wire you are using but if you are using non-flux coated wire AND no
sheilding gas, that is a no-no.

A small sheet of copper held to the back of the steel will hasten most burn
thrus.

Make sure you have a VERY close butt joint with no visable gaps between the
metal at the seams.

Go to my website and see the fender repair in the demo's section for further
information.

"Restoringly" Yours,
Bryce Mack
Classic Auto Restoration Services
BODYWORK - METALFORMING - PREP & PAINT - WOODWORK
Web Page: http://members.home.net/bmack99/paneldoctor/
FAQ's - How-To's - Tools