Re: I bought it!

To: Steve & Bonnie Sidwell <porsche.com@home.com>
Subject: Re: I bought it!
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 02:58:35 -0600
At 11:25 PM 11/27/2000 -0800, Steve & Bonnie Sidwell wrote:
>.... We pick up the car this Saturday (the dealer is about an hour North
of us in San Luis Obispo). ....

Would this by chance be British Sports Cars in San Luis Obispo, with Peter
H. Jurgens, proprietor?  He is (or was?) indeed a very nice British chap,
good for a chat and very good with the cars.  It has been more than 10
years since I was there, but I have some nice pictures of his shop and the
cars he was working on at the time, all top quality stuff I assure you,
with the cars and the shop being always spotless.  I was first attracted by
a Mini Cooper parked on the street (Peter's then daily driver).  Then I
have one picture with a AH 100-4, a Ferrari (shhh), a Jag XK120, a rubber
bumper MGB, a Lotus Elite, and an MGA coupe all sharing the same side of
the room.  Across the aisle is a TR6 and a XKE coupe in for maintaince
work.  In the front showroom there was a XJ6, a Mini Clubman, and several
other classics looking for new homes.  I was told that he had sold no less
than six E-Type roadsters in the prior ten days, some his own and some sold
for clients.  We should all be fortunate enough to have a shop like this in
the nearest town.  If this is the place where you bought your MGB, I think
you're in for many happy experiences, and probably not much problems with
the car.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg