Re: Lucas

To: mvheim@studiolimage.com
Subject: Re: Lucas
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:29:29 -0500
Max,
  The T-series cars take their fuel from the bottom of the tank, through
a brass fitting in the steel tank that connects to a copper line that is
fastened to the chassis with steel clips.
  Aside from the minor problem of gasoline fires and all that, the great
advantage to this arrangement is that the fuel lines suck out all the
tank crud and put it into the fuel pump filters or the carb filters.
That way you are automatically notified when there is crud, and the car
thoughtfully stops itself so you can clean it out.
Bob