Re: Clutch Bleeding, was Clutch problems, 77B

To: "The MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Tom McLaughlin"
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding, was Clutch problems, 77B
From: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 09:03:59 -0700 (MST)
I did mine a few years ago...  It would take me a few hours because of
pulling the pedal box and pedals out as well as the parts you are
looking to replace.  Rust always makes these jobs more fun too.  The
bleeding can take as long as a couple of hours as well.  Last time I
let it weep overnight our the slave into a bottle.  (Described in the
archives I am sure as I learned about it on this list.) Worked great.

If you are gong to pull the slave, unbolt the hose from the slave
before you unbolt the slave from the tranny.  It does a nice job of
holding that bugger in place.  You may not be able to unbolt it
otherwise.  (I have one hanging on its hose on my parts car that I can
quite get off right now...)

--
Andrew Lundgren
lundgren@byu.net