RE: Rear Wheel Cylinders/stupid clips

To: "'Stuart MacMillan'" <macmillan@home.com>
Subject: RE: Rear Wheel Cylinders/stupid clips
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:42:01 -0800
        I was shown that a large "Channel Lock" wrench makes the job
reasonably simple.  One jaw on the back of the clip.  The other jaw on the
edge of the cylinder.  With one hand sqeezing the wrench slowly, controlling
the opening of the clip is pretty easy.  If the clip starts to slide out of
the retaining groove you have one hand free to push it back with a
screwdriver.

        This lesson was given to me by a crusty old BMC mechanic.

Kelvin.