Re: Soft top fittings

To: "R. Martin Rogovein" <rmartin@yedtech.co.il>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Soft top fittings
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 19:31:42 -0000
I didn't have to re-drill the holes but if I did I would've painted round
the edges first in body-colour.  Then when that was dry used a soft washer
under each post, dip the business end in Waxoyl, and paint the underside
with Waxoyl before fitting the metal washer and nut.  Similar for the hook
plates by the B-post before rivetting.  There is a fair bit of tug on those
posts when under way, I would've thought, the hood develops quite a lot of
internal air pressure.  Nothing to stop you using a large outer diameter
washer with the correct size hole underneath - concourse not-withstanding.

PaulH.