RE: Tools

To: "'Dan DiBiase'" <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Tools
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 14:40:37 -0800
Dan:

        The Whitworth tools are for those fortunate enough to own a 100-4, T
series or Landrover.

        Your MG is pretty much equivalent to SAE.  Get a good quality 3"
crescent wrench for handling the nut on the starter, and a couple of small
carb bolts.

        If at all possible (big expense) try to budget for a small
oxy-acetylene outfit.  Sears has a little portable one that is within
reason.  This will save you gigormous amounts of time dealing with rusted
and frozen bolts.  Heating a stuck bolt may mean the difference of having to
drill it out once it breaks.  A sawzall is another expensive tool that I
have done without for many years.  Now I wonder how I existed without it.
        The next step up would be a small 2 1/2HP compressor and a good
quality 1/2" impact wrench.  But that is opening a wonderful expensive
doorway of air tools.

Good luck

Kelvin.