Throttle Cable

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Throttle Cable
From: "wcameyer" <wcameyer@email.msn.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 16:44:45 -0700
An incident yesterday reminded me of an effective trick.  During a rally,
one B broke its throttle cable.  The driver was well prepared, she had a
spare.  Unfortunately, some unraveling had occurred.  It took four of us to
successfully install the cable in the sheath.

When I receive a new, freshly cut cable (mountain bike brake cable, 50c to
$2.00), I immediately clean the end and work epoxy into it.  A bit of a mess
on the fingers, but it sure saves trouble down the road.

Safety Fast, Theresa!

Bill Meyer