Air compressors again

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Air compressors again
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 21:52:18 -0500
Late last month, there was a thread pertaining to portable air compressors,
and what to look for when buying (including a nice write-up on Barney's
site). I have hinted to the SO that I want one for Christmas, and found the
following unit at Sears on sale:

Craftsman 33 gallon Horizontal Air Compressor Value Pack

Features 135 psi, 8.6 scfm at 40 psi and 6.4 scfm at 90 psi air delivery,
oil free design, 6 hp direct drive and fully shrouded pump and motor. Also
includes 3/8 in. ratchet, spray gun and 25 ft. pvc hosequick connects.
Completely assembled except for handle and wheels.

Sears Item #: 00916511
Mfr. Model #: 16511

Sale $279.97
Reg.$339.99
Save $60.02
While Quantities Last

Would this be a good unit to purchase (since they only had 2 left in the
warehouse, we actually bought it, but could return it)? I originally want to
use it for the usual impact wrenches, air chisel, etc, but may want to move
up to sandblasting, and even painting (it actually includes some sort of a
spray gun with the unit) in the future. Am I way underpowered here, or is
this OK for the above uses? Thanks.

Craig
'71 B