Engine swap and measurements

To: Enrique Claure <spanlab@ceibo.entelnet.bo>
Subject: Engine swap and measurements
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 09:29:30 -0600
Hi Gang,
   This weekend I finally got the time to remove the
oil pan and pull the pistons from the '70 B-GT only
to get a surprise -- angled big-end bearing caps!
Wait, that design ended in about '67.  Either my car
has an older engine or older rods.  It is a 5 main
engine, as it should be, and the head has a casting
<mold> date of 1969.  Therefore, at least the head
is the correct vintage.  I don't know if the crankcase
has a casting date.  Of course, the casting date is not
the date that the crankcase or head was produced,
it is the date that the cast was made -- and therefore
the earliest date for the casting.  At least I now
know why the engine number plate is missing from
the engine. :-P
   A couple of other measurements:

Bore:  3.187 - 3.190" therefore ~0.030 overbore.
Ovality:  0.003
Taper:  <0.001

New rings and bearings have been ordered.
--
Rick Lindsay
Diamond Geoscience Research