Re: Axle rebuild-V-8 conversions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Axle rebuild-V-8 conversions
From: WSpohn4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2000 19:32:07 EST
In a message dated 13/12/00 2:51:20 PM Pacific Standard Time,
owner-mgs-digest@autox.team.net writes:

> This is not an easy conversion to do right, but if you keep the V-8 in
> the 150 HP range you can probably get by with your LBC tranny
> (preferably OD) and rear end, but forget about boosting the power any

1. - the driveline will take more than 150 bhp, although it will obviously
shorten the life of the components (my MG race engine puts out more than
that).

2. - it is torque and the way you drive, not horsepower per se that can be a
killer - drag racing starts will rip it up in a fairly short time.

3. - if you are going to limit yourself to 150 bhp, why bother with the size
of the V8? Better to install a nice 60 deg. Chev V6. You can get anywhere
from 2.8 to 3.4 sizes and from 110 to 160 bhp (maybe a bit more on the late
Camaro motors).

Just suggestions.

Bill S.