Re: TD on Ebay

To: "Andrew Proudfoot" <amproud@nf.sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: TD on Ebay
From: Carl W French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 20:43:25 -0500
At 09:37 PM 12/20/00 -03-30, you wrote:
>Yes, a new home would be fitting, and a lister should be a good candidate.
>Don't worry about the spam this is LBC related and interesting. At least you
>didn't try to attach your own pics!!! :-) Your 80B that's just home was it
>out for bodywork? I forget? If so how'd it go?

This was a car that was a one owner car by a couple that sent it to a
non-brit body shop to 'fix the rust' and then got into a bad divorce.Five
years later the wife (the ' winner ' ) ended up paying a $7,500 bill to the
shop for a car that was only 2/3 done. She was so angry that she donated
the car to her church who brought it to my mechanic to sell it for what it
was worth. The car had been given four new fenders, new boot lid, new
valence, all new sills, new floors. Prior to that they had the engine
desmogged, and had a webber conversion with cannon intake and an Allison
ignition added to the car. I had offered the church 2k for the car which
was disassembled (in an organized manner). The minister turned the offer
down and waited till the end of the season to see if someone offered more.
In the next three weeks I took advantage of the time to examine the car
more fully and found the engine stuck from sitting in the shop. The car was
a solid runner when brought to the shop and has only 51k on it. When the
season ended I then said I would still take it but due to the engine
needing unknown work I now would offer only 1k for the car (so much for the
greed on the minister's part). The car is now running very nicely after
taking the head off and cleaning out the bores. now I just have a car in
boxes but driving. I think I might learn painting on this one. More to
follow.....

The body shop did a very nice job, they just had never done one before and
they learned on this one.
I am glad to save another B and make a few $$$$$'s in the process.

Carl