Re: How to COMPROMISE!!

To: Valerie Stabenow <hlub34a@aeroinc.net>,
Subject: Re: How to COMPROMISE!!
From: Dan DiBiase <d_dibiase@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 06:56:01 -0800 (PST)
I'm with Valerie! Excuses may be funny, but here is my story -

When my wife and I went to look at our 76 MGB, it was half-primered, had a
hole in the exhaust system, had no trim pieces on it other than lights and
wipers, was equipped with worn radials tires in the front and bias-ply
snow tires in the rear, and it was pouring rain to boot! I drove it for a
few miles, then she did. I'm thinking 'pass' and she turns to me and says,
'I think we should buy it!'....

Another story of buying the 66 project car - My wife would love to have a
TC/TD/TF. My only concern was, with these cars, I felt I needed to be much
more mechanically oriented, but given the prices to get a decent running
car, I felt that I would not want to learn on one of those. So, I said,
why don't I buy another B that needs to be fixed up? That way, I could
learn on it and once it's done, we could sell it to finance a TC/TD/TF?
She agreed and for Father's Day this year (well, September, as it took me
a while to find the right car) I got my 66 B! Now, though, I don't think I
want to sell it when it's done, so I need to push the 'third garage'
concept...!

=====
Dan DiBiase
Dayton, NJ
'76 MGB Tourer - Brooklands Green - My Driver!
'66 Pull-handle MGB Tourer - faded Tartan Red - My Project!
NAMGBR #5-2328