wheel hubs on the "wrong" side

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: wheel hubs on the "wrong" side
From: "David Pennington" <racerx23@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:11:06 -0500
hello all,
I am contemplating the (wire) wheel drive hub on the left side of my car,
which looks rather sad (its been spun by the previous owner at some point). I
had a wheel spin  long ago on the left front, it even went off completely to
my chagrin. Anyway, due to their RH thread, the left sides will unscrew if
they spin during braking, which is the only time I anticipate giving them
great loads of torque (as my crazy youth is long past, I do not get pleasure
from doing "burnouts" and such nonsense). Anyway, is there anyone who's put
right side hubs on the left side, or if this was discussed sometime, please
relay the consensus if there is one. I truly appreciate this forum and its
many contributors.

thanks again in advance,

Dave P
70 MGB