Re: Upholstery Colors

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Upholstery Colors
From: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 00:06:06 -0800
Ed:

The color of Moss's MGA interior kit appears to be the same as that in
the TD kit I have.  I also have NOS in the wrappers MGA door panels,
front kick panels and one rear panel.  The door panels are much
brighter and orange red than those in the Moss kits.  However, the
kick panels are about the same shade due to the bleeding of the black
color of the fiber board on which they are glued.

However, as you have bluntly put it, it doesn't really make alot of
difference.  Anyone who's watched their wife, mother, or SO knit, know
that all of the yarn must be bought at the same time with the same lot
number to make sure that the colors match.  The same applies to wall
paper, house paint, etc.  With house paint, it's even recommended that
the last quart of the first gallon be mixed with part of the second
can to avoid a shade change. So, the shade varies with lot to lot.

I prefer the darker color as supplied by Moss when compared to the red
interior of the twin cam shown in book "MGA - The Complete Story" by
Styles.  That bright red color is close to the NOS door panels I have.

Blake