Re: 65 MGB fuel pump

To: MG Listserver <mgs@autox.team.net>, David Councill
Subject: Re: 65 MGB fuel pump
From: Chris Attias <cattias@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2001 07:48:41 -0800
David,

In my experience, electronic fuel pumps (Purolator, Facet) are
obnoxiously loud, and cannot be sufficiently silenced in the stock
location in front of the fuel tank.  I've tried rubber isolation pads
(for example, a rubber MGB rear tranny mount lines up nicely with the
pump plate holes), but most rubber materials available are too dense
to damp vibration and sound while mounting the pump solidly.

I suggest that you either go back to the SU, or get a rotory (motor)
type low pressure electric pump.  I did the latter, and it works
great.
--
Chris Attias
Aptos, CA