Re: Body stuff

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Body stuff
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 02:26:44 +0609
Dan DiBiase wrote:

> Hmmm, I think we had a discussion about this site a month or so ago, >

Darn... see what happens over Xmas.  I must have missed that thread.  I
know we have looked at some pretty ugly looking 'strap ons' but for once
this one looked OK but still I like my car to remain an MG (even if I am
making her look a little 'tougher' for the track.  Where possible any
modifications will have *some* performance justification :-)

> Actually, from a racing perspective, perhaps you could make others
> think this was a 427 Cobra!! Imagine their shock when you pop the
> bonnet!!!

Ha!  I witnessed a number of 'Cobras' zipping past at the recent LeMans
Series weekend (including two stopped right in front of my flagpoint...
the first of the team stopped because he blew up his turbo and the
second stopped after the end of the race to see if his team mate wanted
any assistance... of course it promptly stalled and I had to call for
TWO flat tows:-)

A locally owned 'Robnell' Cobra runs around the place here (it was in
the Sebring Cup race on the weekend) and is owned by an advertising
agency chap.  Recently up at our track I heard it at close range...
sheesh it was LOUD!  Not something my little car could match!

Eric
'68MGB MkII
Adelaide, South Australia