Re: wire wheels

To: Ptegler <ptegler@gouldfo.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: wire wheels
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:20:41 -0500
Not sure if you got a definative answer or not. But I inadvertently got a
set of the 4.5 Spit wheels for my Midget. Its a long story with a very
unhappy ending. Any way they do not fit a Spridget. The taper on the splines
is completely different. Too bad too, I really liked the idea of a slightly
wider wheel.

Larry

On 1/4/01 10:09 AM, "Ptegler" <ptegler@gouldfo.com> wrote:

> Spridgets are 13"x4"width  .....   Spits  13"x4.5" width.....
>
> Does anyone know if the 4.5" wide Spit wire wheels
> will fit the Spridget without clearance problems?
>
> how about the splines?   Are the offsets any different?
>
> Looking at Dayton wire wheel catalogs... yes two different
> part numbers.... (different widths)  but no further info avail?
>
> any ideas?  anyone?
>
> Paul Tegler     ptegler@gouldfo.com    www.teglerizer.com

Larry Macy
78 Midget