Re: Forwards Are Attachments!

To: Bullwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwards Are Attachments!
From: "Larry B. Macy" <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 21:49:15 -0500
Hey Blake - Most email software does not treat forwards as attachments.
Netscape does mainly because it wants to send everything as HTML and a MIE
attachment. I know it can be set to text only, but that doesn't change the
programmers desire to be "cool". Personally I hate HML mail and who ever
thought that it was a good idea should be shot. This includes most, but not
all AOL users (yes I know there are lot of AOL listers, they are the good
ones). If you send HTML mail through a listserv the listserv sees it as a
MIME attachment and kills it. Not all listserv's but at least this one does.

Be nice - set your mail for text ONLY no matter what.

Thank you very much.

Larry

On 1/5/01 5:15 PM, "Bullwinkle" <yd3@nvc.net> wrote:

> Carl:
>
> You cannot send any attachements through the the mgs email list.
> Forwards and pictures go as attachments.  Look at all of the forwards
> you get from everyone and you will see the paper clip indicating that
> the forward letter is ATTACHED to the NEW email, and majordomo doesn't
> like them.  An advantage to this is it elliminates alot of wasted
<SNIP>
> Blake

Larry Macy
78 Midget