RE: More Dizzy questions...

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>
Subject: RE: More Dizzy questions...
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 22:38:18 -0700
You don't adjust it (the curve).  You can have it done.  It is done on a
machine that spins the dizzy at various speeds and vacuum
and records the advance.  By changing springs the mechanical avance curve can
be modified.  There are at least a couple of vacuum
advance/retards that can modify the vacuum advance.

See the web pages that Paul Tegler posted earlier today.

Or, you could just use the early distributor with the early engine and the late
distributor with the late engine.

I guess there is one more option.  MSD makes some sophisticated ignitions
systems capable of modifying the advance curve
electronically.

Larry Hoy

>>> http://www.itwest.net/~lundgren