MG's spotted, sad sight, but maybe a happy ending.....

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MG's spotted, sad sight, but maybe a happy ending.....
From: Robert Haigney <Robert.Haigney@anixter.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:32:35 -0800
Driving home last night, I stopped at a house with a yard sale, on entering the
guys yard, I saw approx. 6 MG's.....ranging from a 65 to a 75....!!!!!  a
couple of spitfire's and a couple of old Fiat's.
Some were in a pretty sorry state.  The guy wants to sell them all, as
individual cars or in parts.  He is supposed to e-mail me with a list of parts
years and price's.

What really caught my attention was an old singer, I think it's a 1952 or a 54,
the floors were in a terrible state, they were wooden, but the body just had
surface rust, and the engine looked complete, apart from what I assume would be
air filter's, the old crank handle was still under the hood....  I'm trying to
get picture's from the guy, so I can post them on my website, unfortunately I
don't have the space or time for this project, but if anyone is interested,
e-mail me of the list and I can give you more information on the car, the guy
is looking for about $2000.  Right now he doesn't have a phone.
The engine and body number were still in the car, it was made in Birmingham,
England, my home town, what was also unusual was it was a left hand
drive......????  The Car is in Southern California.  He said he can even
deliver if it goes locally....!!!

The usual disclaimer's etc, etc. would just be nice to know that this car found
a home that cares.  No monetary value to me.

Robert.