Re: Reverse switch removal?

To: <AGreenberg@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Reverse switch removal?
From: "Mark and kathy LaPierre" <mgtrcars@galaxyinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:07:03 -0600
Hi Alex,
     I assume the engine is out and your refering to the switch on top of
the transimission.
I have had good success with r&r these switches.  Once you have them out
bend back the crimps on the houseing off the switch (carefully) and the
cover with all the insides will come out very nicely.  You will not believe
the crud and rust that builds up in these switches.   Take them apart slowly
over a pan to catch springs and things.  Clean inside and contacts, soak in
cleaner if necessary. "  Reassembly is exact reversal of disassembly."
Gently bend back the crimps.
Get that cheap continuity tester out that you've been dieing to use and set
it on ohms and connect to the 2 terminals on the swithch.  Press the spring
loaded switch on and off and watch the meter go back and forth.     You just
saved yourself    $20-$30.
    Oh yea the tool to use is a set of needlenose vicegrips.
Good Luck,   Mark