Weekend experiences

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Weekend experiences
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:08:34 -0500
Hi list,

Just to share you the British happenings of the weekend:

I visited a British car show at my home village.
Was nice got some cheap door pull handles - these things break sometimes
when pulling the door too hard.

Appears that the restored cars lack quality paint - pity.
Most costy car (Dfl 135,000.00 = +/- $ 50,000.00) was a beautifull Jag MKII.

Saw outside at the parked cars:
A BGT almost at banger state - driven on LPG. The LPG tank was on top of the
battery box. I wonder how this guy would service his batteries.

Later I went to the regional new year reception of the Dutch MGCC. It was
held a small model museum at the old nearby university town of Leiden.
I could park my BGT just beside the front door - it attrackted lots of
attention and positive words. Some peole looked at my tire size - could not
believe I drive with 185/75 R 14. Drives great! Made good contacts and had a
good time!

As it is freezing now, the engine behaves a bit rough. Even when cruising at
70 it sometimes has some backfire. I made an appointment with my parts
dealer who also restores and maintains MG's, in order to tune the engine
properly.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT