OT: American manufacture Re: [Summary] Run-In Oil??

To: "MG LIST" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: OT: American manufacture Re: [Summary] Run-In Oil??
From: "Dan Ray" <dray2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:29:40 -0500
Honest, I won't do this OT thing often, but I must defend my Chevy Truck (96
Tahoe). It MAY be the case with passenger cars and the squishy Ford
mass-appeal rollover SUVs, but I sold my '92 BMW 325is (picked up in Munich)
for this truck, and it's been much more reliable and never given me the
headaches that the BMW (I loved it, but hated it too) gave me. I'm actually
able to FIX this truck and save money. It will be the first new vehicle (of
3) that I'll actually pay off and keep forever. The fit and finish is great
(scratches now) and no interior or exterior pieces have fallen off. It tows
the B like a draft horse and takes abuse as designed. They make a nice
pair -- black and orange. My B is reliable too...and then there's my wife's
Mazda MX-3....ugly and economical with zero character. YMMV, etc. since they
don't make my 5.7L, 18mpg Vortec engine anymore. Nothing wrong with
European. Bash away at my SUV...I actually USE it in 4x4, to tow and to hunt
critters. (Bad evil Dan that I am).
Dan
73 B