Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Problem: Slooow Wipers
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 11:40:52 -0800
The old grease problem probably applied to the gearbox attached to the
motor. Is that what you cleaned out? And did you remove the actual
wheelboxes (directly beneath the wiper shafts)? On my B one of these, when
disengaged from the drive cable, turned out to be immensely stiff, so much
that it could be scarcely turned by hand. A few taps on the end with a BFH
loosened it up, though, and combined with a clean-and-lube of the whole mess
sped up the wiper operation considerably. Now they cycle at almost 30 RPM...
<g>

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149