What should I bring?

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: What should I bring?
From: "Craig D. Niederst" <niederst@telerama.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2001 18:41:27 -0500
I will be stripping some parts off a '68 MGB destined for the crusher this
week. My last minute e-mail and offer of $50 saved the car and had it set
aside for my picking. It has a good aluminum bonnet, boot lid, bumpers,
tranny, rear axle with splines and wires, front hubs with splines and wires,
roll bar, doors and other smaller useful items. I am intending on pulling
all of the above parts, but since the car is in a remote location, I have to
do this with all hand tools. Most of the items will be simple, but the
tranny and rear axle maybe troublesome. I am bringing a jack and jackstands
just in case, but was wondering if there is a good way to remove these
items? Are removing the U-joints something that can be done easily, in the
field? I have dropped the rear axle on my '71 before in the garage, but
never disconnected it from the driveshaft. The engine is out of the car, but
the tranny is still in place. I assume that the mounts here just unbolt?
Besides for the standard sockets and other hand tools, anything else I will
need to pull these items? TIA.

Craig
'71 B