Adding oil to gearboxes - how to

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Adding oil to gearboxes - how to
From: Barney Gaylord <barneymg@ntsource.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 03:19:20 -0600
RE: Gearbox Questions.  For adding oil to the MG gearbox, one of the best
tools in my garage is the handy dandy oil gun.  Cheap too, for under $10
USD.  This looks like a large hand pump grease gun without the pump, and it
works like a large syringe with a hose on the tip.  Absolutely the berries
for adding oil to the top fill gearbox without dribbling on your carpet.
Also works well from underneath for sidefill gearboxes, overdrive units,
and rear axel differential carriers. For a picture and source, check here:
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg/mgtech/tools/oil_gun.htm
This has been one of the most popular tools at our club spring and fall
tune up sessions.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude
    http://www.ntsource.com/~barneymg