Re: LHD to RHD

To: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Subject: Re: LHD to RHD
From: Stuart MacMillan <macmillan@home.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 13:46:53 -0800
80% of the 500,000 MGBs built were sent to the US and were, of course,
LHD.  That's how they're supposed to be! Unfortunately, they are worth
more in the UK today than here and many of our better examples have
found their way there for restoration and sale.  And, they don't convert
them to RHD!

Pick up a copy of Practical Classics sometime and check out the
dealer/restorer ads.  Many state "rust free cars just in from
California  . . ." and go for $15,000 and up.

All you folks trying to make a living off these cars here should
consider moving to the UK, and take a few cars with you, you might
strike it rich.

--
Stuart MacMillan
Seattle

'84 Vanagon Westfalia w/2.1
'65 MGB (Daily driver since 1969)
'74 MGB GT (Restoring sloooowly)

Assisting on Restoration (and spending OPM):
'72 MGB GT (Daughter's)
'64 MGB (Son's)

Stripped and gone but their parts live on:
'68 MGB, '73 MGB, '67 MGB GT