Re: Bringing a car from Canada to the US, shipping, what else?

To: "Andrew B. Lundgren" <lundgren@byu.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Bringing a car from Canada to the US, shipping, what else?
From: "Michael Lupynec" <mlupynec@globalserve.net>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 10:22:40 -0500
If the car still has the "numbers" that identify it as an original
US spec car you should have no problem. Just drive it to the
border and declare it. Always get hold of your nearest customs
office to confirm everything and get their car importation
pamphlet to protect yourself.

You didn't state the year and I wouldn't  remember if there would
be any duty anyway - us Canadians have challenged memory banks -
after all we have other priorities,

Goods and Services Tax (applied to all new & used goods
transactions if non private, corporately rebated if a passthrough
purchase, only partial on car leases, excluding medicine and
food - originally passed to reduce the national debt which remains
higher per capita than yours) This tax has created an unmeasurable
underground economy, with its own rule hierarchy and a new breed
of tax nazis)

Provincial Sales Tax (applied to all new & used goods
transactions, incl private, but not in Alberta)
Federal Income Tax
Employment Insurance
Canada Pension
Provincial Income Tax (these last 4 items are the highest rate in
the G7)
Obscene Booze & Gas Tax
Firearm Possession Acquisition Licence Spanish Inquisition & Fee
NAVCAN Annual Weather an Radar Service Fee for recreational
aircraft
Recreational Aircraft Landing fees
Small Boat Operators Licence (incl DUI provision)
Fishing Pole Useage License (unless 1/16 aboriginal blood)
Cat Licenses (in Aurora, Ont)
Dog Ownership Test and Fee (being discussed for Toronto, Ont)
Car ownership transfer emission & mechanical certificates,
vendor's package, etc etc..........
Continuous market value property re-assessments and increases
Annual Gas Passing Permit.

But as of yesterday I can legally posses (without any licence or
fee) child pornography (of course for private use only). I have
free access to crowded emerg rooms and government employed MD's.
University tuitions are still cheap but on the rise.

Where we - GTA duty rates? I know naathsing.

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug