TD front susp turmoil

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TD front susp turmoil
From: "Roger & Wanda Wilt" <rdwilt@pol.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 12:59:40 -0500
My TD winter project is to replace the front suspension rubber seals,
bushings, and inspect/refinish the A arms, etc.
Everything has gone well until I got to the bottom link rubber seals. My
question to the group is there a way to replace that lower seal without
removing the steering arm? If I do remove the steering arm, will the swivel
pin drop down enough to give me clearance to spin off the bottom link? It
currently hits the drum after just a few turns. The top link had plenty of
clearance. This is my first MG and am cutting teeth with each project. Any
help is appreciated.

Roger
51 TD
Columbus, Ohio