RE: Front rides too low - why

To: shaws@mlcltd.com, top_down@worldnet.att.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Front rides too low - why
From: Duinhoven_Hans@emc.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 02:46:02 -0500
I have followed this discussion with interest. I'll check my '71 GT
according to the Clausager specs.
It is a hype for the Dutch authoroties to make all kind of bumps in the
roads in order to have the speed reduced of cars and motorcycles in areas of
homes etc. for protection of the pedestrians. Allright for me, but my
exhaust does not like this!
Especially when I have a passenger and my two daughters in the back, I've to
reduce speed to almost none to pass these terrible things.

So my question is: why do these springs sag (I suspect my rear springs to be
too low)?

I compared my front coils when these were out of the car when restoring with
new ones and they measured o.k.

Cheers,

Hans

'71 BGT