O/D interlock switch

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: O/D interlock switch
From: <wizardz@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 13:14:22 -0500
Ok everyone... O/D works in 3rd but not in 4th gear.
I'm assuming the trans mounted interlock switch is simply
worn down and not switching.

Anyone have any suggestions/tricks to getting that bugger
out
without having to pull the entire motor and trans?

remove rear trans mount and push it to one side?
...can't just drop the crossmember...the tailcone extends
back past the welded in bracket.

I have sockets big enough to fit the new switch but I don't
believe
there is enough clearance between the trans. case and switch
for the
socket to clear. right? wrong?

Can it be accessed via the shift lever opening from the top?
I'm pretty good at making up special tooling (jury-rigging
stuff)

any ideas?

Paul Tegler      ptegler@cablespeed.com
www.teglerizer.com