Re: Machine shops in the bay area

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Machine shops in the bay area
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2001 08:31:28 -0800
We ended up taking the engine down to Keading Performance in Campbell.
This is the Keadings from sprint car fame.  They seem to win a lot at the
San Jose Raceway and there machine shop has a reputation of building
winning race engines.   Joel Keading, the machinest, was very interesting
to talk to.  A lot of insight on head work and cam selection, etc.  Next
week we'll know what we will need for the block and now we are off to the
cam grinder to discuss it with them and select the cam.  This is gona be
fun..  My friend was asking me how much do I think it's gona cost..  To
quote a phrase, I told him.. Speed is money, how fast do you want to go?
Right now we are looking at about a 270 degree cam. 9.0-1 comp rato with
porting and polishing, performance exhaust and maybe performance intake...