Re: How to remove headrests?

To: top_down@worldnet.att.net
Subject: Re: How to remove headrests?
From: Bob Howard <mgbob@juno.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2001 16:05:08 -0500
John,
  Just pull them up.  The gizmo that retains them is only a bent wire
that acts as a spring. There are no notches on the pillar, at least I can
say that about my '72 GT.   The headrest pillar (support) is only about
six inches long. When it decides to let go from the seatback, it lifts up
fast, so put the top out of the way before you crunch knuckles doing
this.
Bob