RE: My new 73 MGB and wiring questions (Kind of long)

To: "Ken Waringa" <kwaringa@dynsys.com>, "MG list" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: My new 73 MGB and wiring questions (Kind of long)
From: "Larry Hoy" <larryhoy@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 10:57:40 -0700
>Now to the questions:
>1.     There is a white with green tracer running to the starter solenoid area
>(bundled with the 5 brown and one white brown wire).  What is this wire for?

I think this white/green (WG) wire is supposed to run from the switched side of
the ignition to a Lucas connector that joins with
the Green/pink (GK) wires that run your washer pump, radio, and wiper motors???

> How do I bypass the seat belt interlock system?

On earlier cars the white/red (WR) went from the ign switch to the reverse lamp
switch, to the starter solenoid.

A generic English wiring code page is located at:

http://www.dimebank.com/tech/LucasColours.html

Some of the color schemes on that page will not match the MG scheme.

Good Luck.

Larry Hoy