Re: I am on a Quest

To: <Emjaxfl@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: I am on a Quest
From: "KENNETH WARINGA" <kcwaringa@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 08:57:38 -0600
I think all of them are good, just some better than others.  I don't want to
make anyone jealous, but in addition to totally supporting my LBC addiction,
for Valentines Day my lovely bride of 27 years gave me a bottle of my
favorite single malt scotch, Highland Park.

What more can a man ask for in life?

My Quest took a dramatic turn last night.  I decided to run a compression
test to see what condition the engine was in before I went much further.
The results were:
Cylinder #1 - 120  Hurray, looks good
Cylinder #2 - 100  Hmmm
Cylinder #3 -   62  Oh well
Cylinder #4 - 110  Doesn't matter

I added oil to #2 and #3 and they both came up to about 140.  I've now
decided to pull the engine and transmission out before I go any further with
the electrical system.  I have another 74 sitting in the back yard that I
was going to restore as a long term project (very long since it's very
rough).  I've now decided to use it for parts to fix up the one I just
bought.  The body on the new one is in much better shape so that's the one
I'll go with.  Depending on how much I have to take off the older on will
decide it's future.  I didn't make this decision lightly since I hate to see
any LBC destined for the crusher.  I guess time will tell the little fella's
fate.  I know I'm going to pull the dash to replace the on that has all the
burned up wires.

If anyone's interested of my progress I can post occasionally as I go
through the car.  Last week we saw some pictures of a very pretty engine
compartment, and I only hope that mine turns out as pretty when I'm done.

Is there any way to determine if there is an overdrive transmission in a car
without crawling under it?

Thanks,

Ken