Re: MGB Winter Question

To: BobMGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: MGB Winter Question
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 23:28:24 -0800
 Interesting that you should ask this question.  MY '69 B has a 180 deg
thermostat in it year 'round.  I had the radiator rodded out and
installed a new oil cooler and hoses when I rebuilt the engine last
spring.  The engine doesn't reach normal operating temp (middle of the
guage) when driven around town at outdoor temps under 60 deg F.  I
covered the oil cooler and it _seemed_ to help but it may be wishful
thinking.  The temp guage hovers around one needle width above the C
mark when driving around town.  Maybe two more widths on the road.
Heater work pretty well in both cases.  If I used the car in freezing
temps, I'd have to block half the radiator in addition to covering the
oil cooler to get it to warm up.  YMMV.

  Cheers,

  CR