Fwd:Suspension Question

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fwd:Suspension Question
From: "Steve Conley" <swconley@foxinternet.net>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 17:09:32 -0800
Received this query on my website.  Please address any suggestions to Larry
at:
lreicks@nebi.com

Thanks,
Steve Conley

Actually have a question for you. I have a 68 MGB that I converted to a Ford
V-8 20 years ago. Have driven and drag raced this car for many years, and
supprised more than one person. It currently has a 302 V-8, FMX trans and a
narrowed Ford 9", with 295-50-15's inside the fenders. That and just
finishing up the bodywork to remove any rust and made the trunk into a
rumble seat for my 2 boys.
The problem is the front suspension springs. I have added a 1" spacer under
them and 2- 1" spacers in the springs. It has always worked "ok" but would
really like to find some heavier springs, as I am thinking of adding a 6-71
blower to it.  Have also heard something about using Monta Carlo rotors on
the front to get the better stopping power and bolt circle?
Any and all info you might have would be sorely appreciated!
Thanks Larry