Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt

To: David Langton <dlangton@cnx.net>,
Subject: Re: <sigh> Dale Earnhardt
From: Kevin & Deana Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 19:26:36 -0600
I couldn't believe it when I just read it.  I was watching the race on TV
today and Dales wreck didn't look all that bad - certainly no where near as
bad as the multiple roll over / flip wreck that Tony Stewert had 25 laps
earlier.  While watching the 24 hour race at Daytona a few weeks ago I
noticed that Dale, who was codriving one of the Corvettes, was wearing an
open face helmet.  Even one of the announcers commenting on it and on how
much less protection it provided when compared to a full face one.  Plus he
was not wearing one of the new neck restraint devices.  Since he died pretty
much instantly in a head on collision with the wall it makes you wonder.  It
is too bad, I guess that it can happen to anyone.  He will be in my thoughts
tonight.

Kevin Brown
Odessa, MO