Us winners....

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Us winners....
From: Eric <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2001 02:53:02 +0610
David Lieb wrote:

> The rest of us are just jealous, Eric! At least I am. Actually, I
> was feeling pretty good that I had gotten 2nd place rally driver for
> the season up till you chimed in ;-} It even sounds as if you had
> more fun than I did, too! I have spent a goodly amout of the last 21
> years actively avoiding  catching the racing bug with reasonable
> success...

Hey, no place for jealousy here :-)  Congrats on the placing.

As I said, I felt I had to share this triumph (ooops) with the list
seeing as most of you have had to put up with me complaining about my
sickly, tatty little yellow car that has come out of its cocoon strong
enough to last a race season or two.

I caught the 'race bug' after my first 'advanced driving' course - so I
only managed to avoid it for about eight or so months.

Fun?  It dominates my damn life - and stops me thinking about getting
married a THIRD TIME, thank god (for the time being).  I am sure my life
will settle down again soon but this first year I had to be very
single-minded to come from track-newbie to someone who can go
consistently fast, brake as late as possible (and sometimes later), and
not be concerned about pushing that envelope a little too far at times.
It has been a steep learning curve - but yep, masses of fun.

Keep having fun - and thanks!

> David Lieb
> 2nd place rally driver of the year for the Chicagoland MG Club

WooHoo

Eric
MSCA 200 Class C Winner ;-)
'68MGB MkII