Re: Famous <G>

To: "Simon Green" <sgreen@eurobell.net>,
Subject: Re: Famous <G>
From: "Neil Cotty" <neilc@apphosting.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 15:11:15 -0000
Simon,

The car was factory before I did the changes apart from SS headers.

I got her dynoed at Clive Atthowe a tuner in Norwich. She had 143BHP at 4900
and 220lbs torque at a very low 1900rpm.

Unfortunately I ran out of time in the UK (am in Ireland) and didn't get a
chance to take her back to Clive. Good job too as I discovered a Coil
problem, and the Mallory still isn't quite as I'd like her. Then again,
Clive would have found these issues and got her running perfectly.

Right now, I would think the car has around 190hp (conservative estimate). I
have had a couple of cars with 200hp and the same sort of weight and the car
feels about the same. I will let you know what the real figures are when I
get her dynoed over here.

As for MPG. I have been a bit lead footed with her recently <G> so it's a
bit hard to tell, but on a mixed cycle ie 1/4 tank absolutely WOT, 1/2 tank
in gridlock, 1/4 tank on freeway type stuff I've been getting 24-25MPG.
Exactly the same as before when she was stock, but with only about 2/3rd's
1/2 the performance. Once I have the vac. advance working 100% (she isn't
set to advance very much right now, either centrifugal or vac. and
subsequently running with a lot of initial) I expect the MPG figures to
improve. As for taking my foot off the right pedal. FAT CHANCE. <VBG> IMHO -
worth every penny. So much better than the SU/Factory manifold setup.

I got a 3.9 cam, new tappets, new timing chain, offenhauser manifold,
mallory dual point, magnecor 10mm leads, weber 500 & filter.

Sorry guys, keeping the original v8 stuff.

Cheers,
Neil