Re: Questions About New Gas Tank Finish

To: "Lieb David B" <dbl@vniles.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Questions About New Gas Tank Finish
From: <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:46:14 -0000
Unlike body panels I think it is supposed to be primer - although the last
Steelcraft panel I bought showed no signs of coming off with cellulose
thinners and precious little with a wire brush in a drill - although the
skin on my right wrist came off easily enough.  Back to the tank - I used
Hammerite Smooth gloss black on my tank.  After 25k miles - a fair
proportion wet - there are a handful of small chips in the vicinity of the
right rear wheel, otherwise no change.

PaulH.