Re: Chicago traffic

To: Tab Julius <tab@penworks.com>
Subject: Re: Chicago traffic
From: Bill Saidel <saidel@camden.rutgers.edu>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 22:25:35 -0500 (EST)
After driving in Boston (where I learned to drive), Dade county, FL and
the DC area, I vote for DC
as the worst, Dade as dangerous, and Boston has the worst reputation but
does not deserve it.
Comment:  Boston everyone is bad so one knows the
rules-look out for #1,2&3 simultaneously.  Dade is dangerous because of
the large number of incompetants (residents and older snowbirds) and
competents(residents and some snowbirds) so the rules become
mixed but the roads provide a measure of protection. DC is worst
because VA drivers are cowboys, DC drivers are
uninsured, MD drivers span a range from reasonable to dangerous, plus
the roads are horrid. No rules there...)

Here in NJ, near Philly, drivers range from cowboy(PA and really Southern
NJ) to good (many many NJ drivers...they like their cars too much to
ding them), so
overall, it is not bad here with some exceptions.
Bill
'76B