Re: Opinion wanted

To: mgs <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Opinion wanted
From: Bulwinkle <yd3@nvc.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 16:14:04 -0600
Ken:

My two cents:

1)  Fiberglass: Go ahead if you're going to sell the car in five
months!  I patched several small holes in my pickup floor five
years ago.  Followed the proceedure recommended by my
aircraft/auto mechanic brother.  Weighted the glass down and
everything.  Last fall the carpets started getting wet.  Instead
of a few small holes, I now have several as big as a basket ball!

2)  Rivited, screwed metal patch.  This is better if you can put
the patch on from underneath and clean all rust, dirt, goo where
the panels overlap and seal it VERY WELL.  Otherwise rust will
develop between the panels.

3)  If those small holes aren't too thin around the edges, this
is only way to go.

Blake
My questions is should I fiberglass these holes, rivet patches
over  the
holes or have the patches welded in when I have the other floor
pan welded.
The quickest, easiest and cheapest would be to fiberglass the
holes, but
since I'm already getting some welding done it will probably be
best to have
the patches welded.