Re: Odd camshaft wear...

To: Ernest Shirley <ernestern@hot.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Odd camshaft wear...
From: Dennis <mg-dennis@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 20:16:22 -0800
I would think if you had a couple of lobes wearing that fast you would notice it
by how much you would have to adjust it.  I had my cam reground by D.Elgin
Cams.  They said the same thing, that these cams are soft.  The hardened layer
is ground off.  They sent it out to be treated after they ground it.  There was
an aditional $60 charge on my bill for this.  I checked my clearances reciently
and had to adjust most of them about .001.  This was at about 9,000 on the
rebuild.