SPOILER - F1 GP du OZ

To: "Kai M. Radicke" <kmr@pil.net>
Subject: SPOILER - F1 GP du OZ
From: "R. O. Lindsay" <rolindsay@dgrc.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 13:50:21 -0600
"Kai M. Radicke" wrote:

> In general over the past years, there has been little discussion about F1 on
> the team.net lists.  This year is the first year it seems to have come up
> with some frequency on the MG list.

   Formula One is the only sport I follow but I follow it with gusto.
Everything else is, well, just a game.

> I watched the race, wasn't too thrilled (even though it was the season
> opener).

   As a competitive event, it was a snoozer.  I was most intrigued by
the team's responses to the new regulations and the battle between
some of the back-markers.

> Nice to see some new names in the top 6, and four Ferrari powered
> cars scoring points (only after Panis was penalised).

   There are going to be lots of new colors on the podium this year.
I like that a lot -- even though I am a devout Ferrari Tofosi.

> Would have liked to see HHF not have a stint with Ruebens, might have made the
> battle in the top
> end more interesting later in the race.

   Agreed.  HHF, I am sure, thought little Ruebens would back
down -- as he has in the past.  I just wish it had been someone
other than HHF -- which I like quite a lot and want to see in the
points big time.

> Also would have preferred the race
> to be red flagged after Jacques kamikaze antics (again).

   Cripes yes!  The guy is as dangerous as Eddie Irvine! :-o

> Two things:
>
> a)    When was the last time a Minardi didn't finish last?  ;-)

   And both Minardis finished the race!!!

> b)    Could Ferrari have designed a more beautiful front wing?  I love it.

   That new car is beautiful!  The side pod intakes, viewed from the
front, look like the old NACA ducts that were used on my 308!
I guess air is still air. :-)
   Ferrari managed to add 50mm to the front wing and make it
look like that was their intent all along!  Beautiful -- especially in white.

> Kai

   Thanks for the note, dude.

Rick